TOP TEN ATTRACTIONS
- Britain’s second largest city, Birmingham has a wide range of activities and attractions for people to enjoy. Whether you’re looking to explore one of the many free galleries, unwind with a leisurely canal cruise and take part in adrenalin pumping action, Birmingham is the perfect destination for a quick break.
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury is a short drive towards the city centre and its particular location provides quick access with other regions of the West Midlands. From knowing why is an excellent holiday, Holiday Inn Express has come up with the next top ten attractions in Birmingham.
1. THINKTANK PLANETARIUM
- With ten themed galleries to tour, this modern museum will inspire and immerse you in science. Putting you at the centre regarding the action, communicate with many of the exhibits, such as for example how steam engines are powered and find out precisely what happens into the food you eat every day. Sit back in the high tech digital planetarium for a 360 degree view into astrology. A really astonishing day trip.
2. SECOND CITY BOATS
- Birmingham lies at the heart of several canals, and during its peak into the 1700s over 100 boats would go through the centre of Birmingham. These days a canal cruise offers a distinctive option to explore the town, regardless if you are seeking to read about the city’s interesting heritage or just unwind and relax with friends and family. Second City Boats provides both leisure and educational boat trips around Birmingham with well-priced packages to suit all budgets.
3. WINTERBOURNE HOUSE AND GARDEN
- Set within 7 acres of enchanting gardens, Winterbourne House is a marvelous example of the English Edwardian era. Step back in its history and discover the annals of Winterbourne, which was built in 1903 for the Nettlefold family. The picturesque gardens are idyllic, having been beautifully landscaped to host some of the most spectacular plant collections in the united kingdom. Winterbourne is a magical family day trip, where you are able to wander and roam this historical treasure.
4. THE FALCONRY CENTRE
- Handle a real bird of prey at The Falconry Centre in Birmingham. From Falcons, Hawks, Owls, and Eagles – you will come one on one with some of the most beautiful birds on earth. Find out about these fascinating creatures and enjoy the many display demonstrates that are placed on during the centre seven days a week.
5. GRAND PRIX CARTING
- Adrenalin junkies will likely to be satisfied at Grand Prix Karting. Screech round the tight turns and put pedal to your metal to go over the finish line in first place. Select from 4 action packed circuits ideal for adults and kids, then jump behind the wheel of a situation associated with the art racing kart. All equipment is supplied by Grand Prix Karting, and a safety brief is roofed before you take on your family and friends in the track.
6. ADVENTURE ISLAND MINI GOLF
- Navigate around palm trees, volcanoes and waterfalls at Adventure Island Mini Golf. With two exciting 18-hole golf courses to select from, this can be great fun both for sport enthusiasts and the ones who possess never played golf before! Suited to both adults and kids, the golf courses provide unique challenges, housed indoors generally there isn’t any danger of being rained on! Afterwards enjoy refreshments and delicious snacks in the Tiki Bar.
7. THE PEN ROOM
- Take an amazing look into Birmingham’s history at The Pen Room. Many moons ago, so that you can write, a pen with a nib could be dipped into an independent ink pot. Even though this type of writing has become extinct, its heritage can still be celebrated at this unique museum. Indulge in calligraphy classes, assist with making a pen nib and write your name aided by the Braille machine. There was a big array of items to see and do during the Pen Room, and with the benefit of the museum being free of charge, additionally, it is exceptionally great value.
8. CADBURY WORLD
- Calling all chocoholics! Cadbury World is a family attraction which celebrates the production together with reputation for chocolate. There are 14 different zones to explore which include activities for the kids and inquisitive adults; you will definitely even obtain the chance to create your own chocolate concoction. Holiday Inn Express recommends taking a trip across the village of Bourneville after your visit, a picturesque model village that has been created solely for Cadbury employees.
9. RUSKIN GLASS CENTRE
- Once being the house of Royal Doulton, the Ruskin Glass Centre preserves the glassmaking trade and educates visitors of the specialised craft. Visitors get to look at the glass making process, from inception into the final product. A number of the beautiful glass creations are available to purchase into the shop, celebrating Birmingham’s glass making heritage and keeping it alive.
10. SANDWELL VALLEY COUNTRY PARK
- Whether you’re looking for a leisurely stroll, or seeking adventure then you’ll definitely think it is at Sandwell Valley Country Park. Ran by the local council, the park spans 2,000 acres and hosts an operating Victorian farm with a little museum, picturesque scenery for rambling and cycling as well as open water where you can watch water sport activities or try your luck at fishing.
Make certain you read our full article about Skip Hire Birmingham!